I tell you, this was a hard decision for me. I have been watching this process for an awfully long time. Well last month I took the plunge, after researching for all that time on and off again and again and again.
My phone has rung off the hook of folks wanting to know what I purchased so here it is!
See what cute things you can do. No cutting. No weeding, just print and press. Ah, count me in for quick and simple crafts. So far I have made Luggage Tags and Coffee Cups. Clothing is next on my list!
I am going to just summarize this for you, instead of going into all that detail. When it came right down to the decision, all I wanted to know is what do I need. KISS concept!
Keep It Simple Sweetie!
- A dedicated printer, used ONLY for sublimation printing.
- Laser paper OR Special Sublimation Paper.
- Sublimation Ink
- A Heat Press (if you are doing clothing, luggage tags, coasters OR you could use an Iron that heats up to 400 degrees
- A Mug Press (Only if you are wanting to do mugs)
What did I buy? I am going to tell you, what and where and please know, I don’t get paid to recommend any of these products to you.
- Epson Eco Tank 2760 from Costco for 249.99 (Because I could not find the less expensive 2720 Model)
- I have Laser paper, so I purchased 8.5×11 from Crafting Besties for $24.00
- Sublimation Ink from Cosmos Ink for $40.00
- I already owned a heat press, it is a PowerPress (If you are only doing mugs you don’t need this)
- I choose to get a Cricut Mug Press ($199.00) instead of the attachment for the PowerPress (unless you are doing mugs you don’t need this)
- I don’t like my PowerPress because it is so dang big. I call it the Monster. So I am testing the Cricut Easy Press 2 If all goes well, I am selling my PowerPress so my office will look human again without that monster sitting in it 🙂 The Easy Press was 149.00
So, without the PowerPress, Mug Press or Easy Press, about $315-ish.
If you made about 30 Coffee Cups and sold them for approx 20.00 each, you would pay for the printer and mug press.
I’m Just Sayen….